Technology Information Service (TIS)
To promote R&D based industrial development in the country, PASTIC TIS-Service undertakes following activities:
TIS Services can be explored by clicking the links below:
- Develops collaborations with Chambers of Commerce and Industry (CCIs) across Pakistan to promote local industry, small manufacturing enterprises (SMEs), their products/services and challenges/issues by developing different indigenous industrial databases available on PASTIC Website (TIS-Databases).
- Promotes S&T/R&D organizations/academia and their commercializable technologies/research expertise and R&D projects in different industrial sectors by developing different indigenous S&T/R&D databases available on PASTIC Website (TIS Databases).
- Promotes University-Industry partnership (UIP) through seminars/workshops across Pakistan for "Building Effective Coordination between R&D & Industry for Enhancing Innovations Competitiveness and Productivity of Indigenous Technologies".
- Enhances Capacity building of scientists’ on communication skills and creating platforms between scientists and members of the media for promotion of scientific and technological innovation in the society.
- Organizes Technology & IT-Expos across Pakistan for empowering youth and general public on new and faster ways of delivering and accessing information to improve their productivity in ICTs, education, health and other social services, banking, and government services, and create earning opportunities.
- Provides Technology and Innovation Support Services under Technology and Innovation Support Centre (TISC) Desks (in collaboration with HEC-IPO Pakistan & WIPO) at PASTIC National centre Islamabad as well as at its 06 sub-centres including Karachi, Quetta, Lahore, Faisalabad, Peshawar and Muzaffarabad for guidance and support of the innovators on “how to exploit their potential to create, protect, and manage their intellectual property (IP) rights” by providing following quality technology information services:
- Access to online patent and non-patent (scientific and technical) resources and IP-related publications.
- Assistance in searching and retrieving technology information;
- Training in patent database search.
- On-demand searches (novelty, state-of-the-art and infringement)
- Create awareness of TISC program through trainings/seminars/library visitors/online queries etc.
- Promotion of TISC project (importance and use of patent information).
- IPRs (aspects of product/technology commercialization, licensing)
- Development of IP Strategies (information on filing patent, trademark, copyright, & industrial design, etc.).
Seminars & Workshops on Intellectual Property Rights & Patent
Picture Gallery of