|Establishment of National Science and Technology Database/Information Network at PASTIC.
||Ministry Of Science and Technology
To strengthen the S&T information service through resource sharing.
|Main Components of the Programme
- Establishment of National Science & Technology Database/ Information Network.
- Screening of Major Libraries of Pakistan and Preparation of Union Catalogue on CD-ROM.
- Training Programme for Library Automation.
- Networking was established with HEC PERN network and with network members.
- CD-ROM Databases were acquired according to requirement of PASTIC and network members.
- Services have been enhanced and time for service has been reduced from 4 weeks to a few hours
- Computers servers, Client PC's, licensed software and telecommunication infrastructure have been implemented / installed.
- Data of about 11626 Journals have been collected from 200 S & T Libraries.
- Compiled and published Union Catalogue of 200 librarieswhich was also prepared on CD-ROM and uploaded with advance searching facility on PASTIC website (URL www.pastic.gov.pk)
- Training lab was set up at PASTIC National Center and Sub-Center, Karachi
- Automation of PASTIC Library was initiated and 11625 records were entered in the database.
- Twenty one training courses/ workshops were organized on different topics, viz., Information handling for promotion of E-Business, use of Patent Information System, library automation, and knowledge management etc. in major cities of Pakistan. 1134 people from different libraries attended the courses.